'green' weddings & eco friendly events
Celebrations is a sustainable event design and production company. Sustainability has been defined as “an approach to progress that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs". Remember, everything in life is a balance. It is our goal to create a sustainable event for you without sacrificing any style. There will be many choices to make along the way, and we will be there to guide and advise you with educated, informed explanations of all of your options.
Why go green in the first place?
As the host of a celebration you have a large number of choices to make. Incorporating earth-friendly choices takes little, if any, additional effort when you have the right resources.
Our expert 'green' event designers can help you locate and choose the items below that fit your event needs and begin planning your eco-chic wedding or event.
- Eco friendly, Green Seal Certified & Energy Star Rated event venues that use sustainable practices
- Organic, local and sustainable flowers along with potted plants and trees
- Sustainable and reusable décor elements, including fabrics, candles, vases and rentals
- Paper items designed and printed locally on recycled materials with nontoxic ink
- Organic, local, sustainable, fair trade foods all the way down to the coffee, cream & sugar
- Organic local beer, wine, sodas, juices and spirits
- Eco-friendly guest gifts, favors and registries
- Re-purposing leftover food to feed regional farm animals
- Recycling and composting of waste created as a result of the event
- Purchasing of carbon offsets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions created by the event
- Natural beauty product paired with eco friendly hair stylists, make-up artists & manicurists
- Digital photography with online photo galleries
- Group transportation to and from the event
- Wedding rings certified conflict free that were environmentally non-impacting during production
- Eco travel, tourism, hotels, airlines and transportation services
- Organic, sustainable, fair trade, ethically produced fabrics for wedding gowns
- Vintage, heirloom, recycled & re-purposed items for all event needs
- Rent reusable serving ware - if disposables are a must, purchase compostable plates, cups, etc
Going green on your wedding day has environmental, social, and economic benefits.
The environmental benefits: Each one of the 2.5 million weddings this year in the United States will produce an average of 62 tons of carbon dioxide and 400-600 lbs of garbage. That's a lot of waste! Consider all of the stuff that goes into conventional weddings: single-use bleached white dresses, chemically treated imported flowers, toxic makeup and skin care products, mined gem-based jewelry, and individual packets of rice, to name a few. It adds up quickly! Picture this: if every wedding this year used a disposable aisle runner and they were laid end to end, they would circle the globe twice. Similarly, the amount of paper used for invitations could cover the entire island of Manhattan. If every engaged couple made just one small green choice, that would be 2.5 million greener choices a year, and that is an amazing impact.
The social benefits: The average wedding costs almost $30,000 and weddings are a $60+ billion industry. Having a green wedding is an opportunity to make a difference by supporting companies that actively incorporate social and environmental responsibility into the way they do business. When you start talking to vendors about green choices, and explain your choices to your guests, you support the green economy and change the way people in your community think. You can showcase how easy it is to be eco-chic and share your favorite eco-friendly products with your guests.
The economic benefits: Being green can save you money, and in today's economy this is probably reason enough to do it! By making simple substitutions and eco-conscious decisions you can easily decrease your impact on the planet and the cost of your event simultaneously.